newcastle harbour

newcastle harbour

16.6.15

Olive Tree Saturday



It was just me and my little one who set off for the local artisan markets on Saturday. She had put on her little lace beret and was looking quite the artisan as she held my hand and danced her way through the creative buzz.

The Olive Tree markets are by far the most wonderful markets I have ever been to. As a newbie to Newcastle, I immediately fell in love with the cruisey vibe, the variety of artisan crafts and the inspiring buzz of so many flegling business owners excited to share their creations.

Today I was lucky and found the most beautiful hand-fossicked and drilled beach stone pendant. It was the first time the stall owner had brought her craft to market so I felt especially pleased to support her new venture.

And we had to find the fountain, of course. Apart from the 'awesome music' (lots of things are 'awesome' at the moment) for dancing, my three year old's very favourite part of a trip to the Olive Tree Markets is to walk around the fountain and watch for rainbows in the water sprouts.